Freedom

Freedom
Find Peace and Harmony within myself

Monday 27 April 2015

A good weekend of unexpected surprises

As far as the boring lonely weekends go this past one was basically the same with a few really bright and unexpected joys. Yes I was extremely lonely with little to no contact with my kids and close friends. Of course the are all very busy with their own lives especially when weekends come and go. I understand this all to well but sometimes it's just plain hard and sad for me to deal with. Also too that is the normal progression of things when your kids have grown up. I see so much sadness in the eyes and words of the seniors waiting to see if any of their family and friends come to see them. It's not just me but all of us living in retirement homes. It is what it is and there is nothing much one can do other than just exist and go through the motions of each day. BUT I was really happy and very surprised to receive a late afternoon call from my oldest friend asking if I would like to go with her to visit her 99yr old mom over at her retirement home. She came and got me and my walker around 4pm and we headed off to visit and spend dinner with her mom then stayed to watch the 1st period of the Ottawa Senators 6th game of the NHL's playoffs with 'Granny' in her room. It was such a lovely evening together. Her Mom was and is such a wonderful lively person and I have adored this woman for 42yrs of my life! After I was dropped off back at home I waited for my son to come over to help me fixed some issues I had created with my computer. He showed up with a very old friend Margie. Margie was baby sat with my Kids at what I affectionately called their 'Weekday Mom Patty's home from when My oldest daughter was 3months old and Margie was a 18months old. It was wonderful seeing Margie again as it had been many years since I've seen her. It's so neat to me that the 4 of them have stayed close with each other all these years. My son has been very close to Margie and her boyfriend and spent a lot of time doing one thing or another together over the last couple of years. As my son had to leave right after he fixed up some of my computer problems I was hit with a flood of tears because he had to leave so soon after getting here. He gave me such long and wonderful bear hugs and let my tears flow. He is a big husky 6.2 msn caring and compassionate young man. Someday when he is ready he'll find a wonderful girlfriend to share his time with. I look forward to the day this happens for him. I am so very grateful for these unexpected surprises I got to experience and for a very long FB chat with another friend last nite. I went to bed happy and feeling loved. What a wonderful way to end the weekend feeling. Today I look forward to what this day and the Universe has planned for me. NAMASTE

No comments:

Post a Comment